Thursday, May 24, 2012


Hello everyone Islamorada fishing report Capt Kevin Brown aboard the charter boat Gold Reserve

We have been fishing every day. Sorry, I don’t always have time to post every trip. Tuesday 22nd I took out my good friend Sal from New Jersey. The current had died down inside of 20 miles over the weekend and there were big patches of weeds loaded with dolphin schoolies, gaffers and slammers. By Monday all of the water was picked over so I knew I would have to go deep. I took the gold reserve out to 25 miles offshore and me Sal and Haden loaded the box with schoolies. Then we headed out to 30 miles and we found a warbird. We tracked him down and under him was two 40 lbs plus bulls and two 30lbs plus cows. My mate Haden casted to one of the cows and hooked her up at that point the other cow came up and tried to eat the ballyhoo on the flat line we missed her and she was stung. Then we pulled the hook on the cow. Then my mate Haden casted to one of the bulls and hooked him up after that while Sal was fighting the big bull Haden made attempts to hook the other bull but he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off and we were not able to present a bait to him so 30 minutes into the fight just before we gaff the one bull left on we pulled the hooks, guess god didn’t want them to die today. Also this is his way of keeping me humble. After the smoke settled we reflected back on all of this and realized we had an awesome day. Sal is a great guy and a good friend and I always have a great time fishing with him. He has fished with me many times and has a great attitude. Thanks Amigo




Capt Kevin Brown

Cell - 305-394-0792



For up to date fishing reports join the Gold Reserve Charters – facebook- click on I like tab

No comments:

Post a Comment